To ensure the protection and access to emergency humanitarian aid, basic social services and sustainable livelihoods and economic/employment opportunities to the poorest and marginalized sections of the populations affected by natural disasters and conflicts with focus on women, children and displaced families through integrated, participatory, human rights-based and public-private-partnership approaches towards sustainable peace, reconstruction and development in Somalia.
Peaceful and stable Somalia that is free from poverty and conflicts, and teaming with Somalis who are committed and united towards the reconstruction and development of their country.
- We believe people to be the foundation of KISIMA and commit ourselves to encouraging each other by listening and treating one another with respect, fairness and honesty.
- We openly share information and promote creativity, learning and safety in an environment of integrity, quality and mutual accountability.
The overall objectives are to improve Peace, Human rights, Gender, Food Security, Rural Water, Health, Education, Environment and Livelihoods for the conflict and natural disasters affected people in Somalia with focus on vulnerable and marginalized groups such as Internally Displaced Persons (IDPs), minorities, women and children.
- To improve the quality of life of the vulnerable populations including IDPs and rural population focusing on poor women and their families through increased access to health, nutrition, education, services and productive assets;
- To contribute sustainable peace development by creating culture of peace through peace Building and conflict resolution programmes among warring sections;
- To increase protection and human rights development by monitoring the Human rights violations and conducting human rights advocacy, awareness, information and education;
- To increase gender equity and women empowerment by mainstreaming gender in all interventions including peace building, human rights development programs and basic social services delivery (Health, Education, WASH and basic livelihoods);
- To increase access to primary education, health care and WASH services among the rural and displaced populations affected by conflicts and disasters, Provision of adequate health services to more than 50.000 beneficiaries; and
- To increase environmental protection through sensitization for proper Natural resources management and reduction of environment degradation through advocacy.
COVERAGE (Geographical and demographical):
KISIMA’s geographical coverage includes Lower and Middle Juba regions and Puntland State. KISIMA services marginalized and poor communities and vulnerable rural populations (Juba riverine and agro-pastoralists) as well as displaces populations in Kismayo city and Puntland urban centres.
Lower and Middle Juba: KISIMA has been implementing projects in Lower/Middle Juba area since 1998. It has a head quarters office in Kismayo city and field operational offices in Badhadhe district (Wadajir town), Jamame district (Kabsuma towm), Jilib district and Dhoobley town in Afmadow district. KISIMA
Puntland regions: KISIMA has been active in Puntland since late 2008 and has regional office in Garowe and field representative offices in Bosaso and Galkacyo
International Offices: Nairobi- Kenya as Communication office, Sweden, Netherlands, Australia, Denmark and USA as fundraising offices